[ncpm] Agree: economic regeneration?

  • From: andy <anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:53:52 +0000

>Me thinks somebody up there is very scared especially
>if they have to suppress freedom of speech as well as
>keep everything behind closed doors.

Is anybody tracking the amount of club nights that are being forced to close?

Very powerful ammunition for demonstrating the case for solid support for
cultural entrepreneurship.

Thanks for letting us know.

Best; Andy.

>I am on the XL newsletter list and just got this on it
>"Due to a lack of quality venues in and around
>Sheffield, XL is finally shutting up shop as a regular
>monthly event. Since the closer of the National Centre
>for Popular Music we have struggled to find a venue
>equal to it. "
>I also know that nights like Sunday Sessions and Fairy
>Likuid have also struggled with venues.  Dear I say
>that I thought Yorkshire Forward were meant to be
>about the economic regeneration of the region.  Seems
>to be a strange way of going about it.
>Also followed the link for
>and the page has been temporarily disabled!!!
>Interesting especially as I hear on the grapevine that
>the powers that be were very upset by it and were
>trying to track it down in order to find out who was
>behind it and close it down.

>I suppose that means we must be doing something right.
>Do you Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your site

Andy Stamp
The Culture Company
The Workstation
15 Paternoster Row
S1 2BX

Andy's landline: 0114 - 225 - 4616.
Andy's mobile: 07816 - 000 - 891.
Fax: 0114 - 225 - 4606.
Nigel's landline: 0114 - 225 - 4644.
Katz's landline: 0114 - 221 - 3057.

This year's Shooting Live Artists Commissions are:

Pleasant Land by Third Angel.

Suffragettes invented Performance Art by Leslie Hill and Helen Paris

Skin / Strip Online by Completely Naked and Further field.

TRANSFORMER by Daniel Gosling.

File under Sacred Music by Iain Forsyth & Jane Pollard.

iROOM by Ronald Fraser- Munroe.

To view last year's The Shooting Live Artists 01/2 online media arts works
please go to:

For this year's b.playful programme  28/29.11. 02. please go to:

For information about The Culture Company, current and future projects
please go to: