[ncolug] webmail

  • From: Ken Allen <kc8tdw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 03:07:43 -0500

Hello one and all and Happy New Year.  I have a question and I will start by
saying SquirrelMail is not the answer, I hate it.  Anyway, I am looking for
a web based email software to install on my server.  I would like one that
has all the bells and whistles, like calendar,  multiple email accounts,
ect..

I am currently running a script call easy host control panel,
http://ehcp.net.  I works get and I have everything running, but, in order
to do the email, I have to use it through vhost/ehcp and not my
kc8tdw.comaddress.  I have installed the webmail, SquirrelMail, to
http://kc8tdw.com/webmail, but keep getting,

*ERROR*Error opening ../data/default_pref
Could not create initial preference file!
/var/www/vhosts/ehcp/webmail/data/ should be writable by user www-data
Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

I have tried everything that I can think of, but so far no good.   I have
tried this once before and didn't get the greatest support on it, but this
is a new version so I have asked again.  I really would like to get way from
SquirrelMail, so the above error is no big issue if I find what I am looking
for.

Thanks,

Ken