[ncolug] Re: file transfer and sshfs nightmare

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:16:16 -0400

What are the permissions on your local dirctory to which you are mounting
the remote file system?  (/home/kc8tdw/Desktop/school/)

Can you create any new files?  (touch foo)

If you do an ls -l on the /home/kc8tdw/Desktop/school when you have your
remote file system mounted, what output do you get?  Does the output make
you feel that you should have permissions to edit the files?

From my experience, you have the permissions of the user you used to create
the ssh session when editing the remote file system.

Mike K.