[ncolug] Re: Test and issue

  • From: Jim Dolan <wolfson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:46:58 -0400

Hello Ken:
I tried unsuccessfully to get to your web site http://kc8tdw.dyndns.org, really not sure how Chuck actually got there. I tried under Win 7 Pro using three different browsers, Firefox 6.0.2, Google Chrome 14.0.835, and Internet Explorer 9.0.8112. All three came back with connection timed out errors. I also attempted to connect using two additional machines, one using Xubuntu 7.1 with Firefox 2.0.0.6, and another using Win 98 Plus with Firefox 2.0.0.20. Both of those machines and setups generated the same connection timed out errors.

By eliminating your call sign, I did get to DYN.COM's homepage offering DNS services. From that page I then tried searching for your call sign with no results found. Mistyping the dns part of the address as "dydns.org found another web hosting site on an immediate redirect from the original call sign included attempt: kc8tdw.dydns.org.

I also did see the "Japanese?" web site using the included .com address you provided. (Wish I had a language translator program to see what that site was about.)

Anyway, as for the issue of getting the site shutdown. I guess I would start with whoever is responsible for assigning/licensing ham radio call signs to see if they have any resources to help or if there is in fact any agreement in place regarding the use of ham radio call signs on internet sites. Other than that perhaps checking with the DNS provider used by that site regarding any rules about ham radio call sign usage in web site addresses.

Sorry couldn't give you a better answer.
Jim.

On 9/21/2011 7:23 AM, Larry DiGioia wrote:
sure

On 09/21/2011 12:17 AM, Ken Allen wrote:
Here is the test....

Can someone please see if they can get to my page.....kc8tdw.dyndns.org <http://kc8tdw.dyndns.org>

Issue....

How do I go about getting a website shutdown? They are using my callsign kc8tdw as there domain name as kc8tdw.com <http://kc8tdw.com>. I am the only one that can have this ham radio callsign and the site is in Japanese. Any ideas?

--
Studio - D Productions    l o n g w i r e . c o m

"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."

                                     William James