[ncolug] Re: Need some teaching..

  • From: "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:03:11 -0400

Sure.  My personal favorite way of doing this is using sshfs.  The way I do
this is as follows.

Assuming I'm in my home directory and that the server has sshd running:

1:  Create a folder where I'm going to mount my remote location.
mkdir www-root

2:  Use sshfs
sshfs user@wwwServer:/path/to/folder/www-root www-root

This will mount the remote folder /path/to/folder/www-root to the folder
created before ~/www-root.

Hope this helps!

Mike