[ncolug] Re: January NCOLUG Meeting Cancellation

  • From: <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 3:20:49 -0500

OK.

Ross Justice and his sons were also in attendance.  Ross wanted to show-off the
room a bit and discuss the status of the server and it's relocation into the
locked closet.  We also learned earlier in the day that the WAP is going to be
replaced with a "dual-radio" g/n WAP RSN.  (So says Jim Turner...)

Ross' oldest son - Josh has a friend who wants to start a business.  So we
talked about various open-source solutions and their niche in a business.  We
cover co-location services and outsourcing non-core competencies as a strategy
for a new venture.

We left about 7:30.

Chuck

---- "M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> LOL... too funny!  How'bout a recap?
>
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM, <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The funny thing about this is that I did not read this message until now...
> >
> > The first time in 3 months I WAS at the meeting (that we didn't have...)
> >
> > There were a total of 4 of us there too!!
> >
> > Oh, well...  I *may* be at the April meeting...  Certainly the July
> > meeting.
> >
> > Sorry you all missed it!  We DID have a good meeting.
> >
> > Chuck
> >
> > ---- Rob Gibson <nosbig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I do apologize to do this on such short notice, but we have decided
> > > that the weather is becoming too poor to make holding our January
> > > meeting a wise idea.  There will be no meeting tonight at NCSC.
> > >
> > > We will continue with our regularly scheduled meetings in February.
> > >
> > > Thanks for understanding and see you next month!
> > >
> > > Rob
> > >
> > > Our next meeting:
> > > February 4, 2010 from 6:30-8:30p
> > > North Central State College