[ncolug] Re: Free client software

  • From: mike <mikebell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:41:40 -0500

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 09:28:14PM -0500, Henry Keultjes wrote:
> Mike:
>
> Do you want me to get five boxes, like PI's?
>
> Henry

What am I going to do with five boxes?  Don't think that I have time
in my schedule to get that many machines installed with something
and then haul it all to MT.  Now if someone wants to do the install,
get them there, and then establish enough of a network for all this have
at it.  Installing the NX client and getting it connected is trivial.

At best the demo I was thinking of is likely my laptop connecting to a
remote FreeNX server.  The possibility of someone bringing in a M$ box,
or laptop as suggested before would still be open.

Also I'm not likely to setup account and give out access for five boxes
to my server.  It could happen I suppose.  This would mean that a server
would also have to be setup and configured, connected.  All doable I'm
sure, perhaps not within my personal time constraints.

Mike

All functions of our list can be controlled through the web by logging in
at //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

You can also unsubscribe by sending email to
ncolug-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field