[nasional_list] [ppiindia] Secret Marriage: Scorned Wives Confront Polygamist Husbands

  • From: "Ambon" <sea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:34:10 +0100

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com
**http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=77833&d=15&m=2&y=2006&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=Kingdom

            Wednesday, 15, February, 2006 (16, Muharram, 1427)

                  Secret Marriage: Scorned Wives Confront Polygamist Husbands
                  Arab News

                  RIYADH, 15 February 2006 - The stories about husbands that
decide that one wife isn't enough can often be funny to those that read about
them, if not to those that are the subject of them. Take, for example, stories
of wives who discover that their husbands have secretly married other women.

                  Al-Riyadh newspaper recently spoke to women who have had
unfortunate experiences with polygamist husbands.

                  Um Omar said that her husband had married a second wife and
it was months before she found out. She did not suspect anything because little
had changed after the second marriage. Her husband continued to come home on
time; his personality did not change. It was only serendipity that she found
out.

                  "Usually when I am cleaning my husband's clothes I search his
pockets. I put everything aside in case there's an important number or a piece
of paper that he wants. One day I noticed a big piece of paper in his pocket -
it was a marriage contract," said Um Omar.

                  Socked with disbelief, she called her sister and had to show
her the proof before she could believe what her brother-in-law had done. Um
Omar's sister tried to comfort her by saying that it is normal and happened in
most marriages.

                  (In fact, a minority of Saudi males are polygamist - having
more than one wife is an expensive proposition.)

                  Um Omar finally decided to confront her husband. When she saw
him she simply showed him the marriage contract. He panicked at first but then
confessed to his second marriage four months ago.

                  Um Omar asked for a divorce, saying that she could not live
with a cheating husband.

                  Al-Riyadh reported on another woman who had been married for
35 years. She eventually discovered that her husband had a second wife half her
age. He managed to hide his secret marriage because he was a traveling
businessman. But one day, her relative saw him abroad with another woman in a
shopping center.

                  At first she suspected that her relatives were confusing her
husband with another man. She lived in this denial for a while, thinking her
husband's business reputation would prevent him from sneaking behind her back.
But eventually, she had to know the truth.

                  "I confronted my husband when he returned home. He denied my
suspicions and accused me of being delusional. His reaction made me more
suspicious. I put him under supervision. I sent private investigators after him
to monitor his movement, even when he traveled abroad. I bought tickets for my
spies to tail him. At last I discovered that he married an 18-year-old girl;
he's approaching 60," said the woman.

                  She confronted him again, this time with pictures. He
conceded, saying he feels old with her because she is sick and always need
medical attention and that he wants to feel young with a younger wife.

                  Al-Riyadh reported another occasion where a woman confronted
her husband in the middle of a market with his new wife. This man managed to
lie to both women, telling Wife No. 1 that he did not marry Wife No. 2 and
telling Wife No. 2 that he was single.

                  Wife No. 1's friends saw the husband shopping with his new
bride in a market in Jeddah. They immediately contacted their friend by cell
phone and told her the news. Her friends monitored the man's movements inside
the market until the wife arrived.

                  When Wife No. 1 arrived he was inside a jewelry store buying
Wife No. 2 some gold. She approached like a cat and stood next to him and
watched him. He didn't notice her for a while.

                  "His new bride looked at me thinking that I was flirting with
her husband. When he turned to me, his face drained of color, as if he saw the
angel of death. He was speechless. I simply smiled back at him, waiting for him
to speak. His new wife pushed me away, wanting to teach me a lesson in manners.
I told her to save her lessons for my husband, lessons in honesty. She was
shocked when she learned that I was his wife and that we had three kids. She
confronted our husband who was still speechless. He was in a bad situation:
facing two angry wives and a whole bunch of onlookers. We, the two scorned
wives, left the store together, leaving the cheat alone."

Mohon Perhatian:

3. Reading only, http://dear.to/ppi
4. Satu email perhari: ppiindia-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5. No-email/web only: ppiindia-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx