[nas-2000] Serial Port Chip

  • From: Dan Luedtke <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:57:25 +0100

Hallo folks,

i read the Howto for soldering an Serial Port to the NAS 1000, but i have a question left. (See Howto here http://www.nas-2000.org/mwiki/index.php? title=Solder_the_RS232-Port )

- I don't have to solder the 90-degree-connector to the board, do i?
It should be enough if i solder the ex-cdrom pin cable to a connector?

- Can someone supply me a picture of how it looks like when its finished? I tried to contact Felix Mellmann, he did this "debian from hdd"- thing, and i thought he might have some pictures. For some reasons i cannot get an email address of him, even if i search all over the universitys homepage.

By the way: I'm trying to get cryptonas (see cryptobox.org ) working on the nas1000 some day. If i succeed, i'll post more information here. Wish me luck.

Thanks for any help,

Dan