[nas-2000] Re: Serial Port Chip

  • From: Felix Mellmann <mellmispam@xxxxxx>
  • To: nas-2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:23:26 +0100

Hey Dan,

if you like to get the output of the bootloader and the kernel, you should use the small connector near to the reset button. I don't know whether the second port does the same as the small one does. Using a MAX232 is very aprecciated! As Maxim suggests in their datasheet, use 5x 1uF capacitors. In Hyperterminal choose 19200 baud, 8 bit per Byte, no parity and one stop bit. Also set the flow control to no, there are no control lines for flow control. If you would like to contact me, you can use my business mail address: felix (bei) stura.tu-dresden.de

have nice some christmas holidays!

Felix