[nanomsg] Re: nanomsg and pub/sub robustness

  • From: Michael <mwpowellhtx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:26:55 -0500

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me as though management of connections is
beyond the scope of the messaging framework.

On November 19, 2015 10:00:46 AM EST, Carlos Rafael Giani
<dv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/19/2015 03:29 PM, Carlos Rafael Giani wrote:
Hello,

a colleague of mine tried to use nanomsg, but ran into problems with
pub-sub. According to him, if the publisher side crashes, all
subscriptions are gone, and since subscribes don't notice when the
publisher restarted itself, they can't reinitialize anything on their

end, leading to a system which can't communicate.

Is this correct? If so, is this a bug, or a design issue?

Nevermind. It was a misunderstanding.

The underlying issue, however, is that it is apparently not possible
for
one side to notice that the other side reestablished the connection,
for
example because the other side crashed and got restarted. Or is there a

possibility for that?