[nanomsg] Wire Protocol of ZeroMQ vs. nanomsg

  • From: "Ernst Rohlicek jun." <ernst.rohlicek@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 14:48:19 +0200

Greetings,

I have a short question to get my head right:

Do ZeroMQ and nanomsg use the same wire protocol? Are they compatible in
any way (without a gateway)? Thus is nanomsg only a refined
implementation of ZeroMQ protocols or is nanomsg really using different
wire protocol?

Can 2 machines communicate, one using nanomsg library, other one using
ZeroMQ library? What if the SURVEY protocol (new in nanomsg) is not
used, can they then communicate?

I could not find explicit info about this on the "Differences between
ZeroMQ to nanomsg" page. This page is mostly about new API, library,
programming language etc. but IMO does not mention changes in wire
protocol. That is the reason I am asking, to make sure.

Thanks in advance.