[nanomsg] Re: The nanocat utility

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 06:31:15 +0200

On 30/08/13 23:30, Kevin Baker wrote:
Just consider the shell/shell scripting as a higher level language in
itself. Then nanocat is just another language binding, albeit with a
different concept of data flow, different calling conventions, and
different set of libraries available for data manipulation
(grep/sed/cut/awk/head).

That kind of makes sense to me. If I was searching for a tool to use nanomsg from command prompt, I would probably look for shell bindings.

Others, though, may look for "tools" section.

Paul, what do you think, is it better to link nanocat from the website as a tool or as a shell binding?