[nanomsg] Re: Simplifying CMake build

  • From: Alex Elsayed <eternaleye@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 03:59:18 -0700

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 06:22:10 AM Martin Sustrik wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> >  > I am also a big fan of out of tree build, that's a lot cleaner than
> >
> > having all these artefacts in the sources folder.
> >
> > And nothing prevents you to have that with autotools.
>
> That's interesting. How do you do that?
>
> Martin

It basically comes for free if you do things the way the autotools docs
recommend. Just tested, and nanomsg already works with it:

git clone git://github.com/250bpm/nanomsg.git
mkdir nn-build
cd nanomsg
./autogen.sh
cd ../nn-build
../nanomsg/configure
make

All the results of the build process end up in nn-build, instead of nanomsg's
source tree.