[nanomsg] Re: Introduction and questions

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gonzalo Diethelm <gonzalo.diethelm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 06:25:02 +0200

On 24/06/13 16:25, Gonzalo Diethelm wrote:
That separation sounds good. I would expect that the implementation of
transports doesn't know anything about protocols, and protocols don't
know anything about transports; both of them should only know about
core, which implements the glue between them.

Can you think of a really minimal subset of nanomsg that one could
design and implement? Something like "one protocol, one transport,
minimal core"?

I would go for TCP transport and either PUB/SUB or REQ/REP protocol. YMMV, of course.