[nama] Re: tutorial video for Nama

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:58:05 -0400

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 01:05:38AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:27:34AM +0200, Dubphil wrote:
> > Hello namaers
> >
> > Like humans are using it's brain for about 10%, I feel I use Nama
> > for the same rate.
> >
> > Would it be possible to show how we can interact in live with nama :
>
> > - adding insert, subs
> > - adding/bypassing effects
> > - remove effects
> > - listing effects and its parameters
> > - muting tracks by midi control
> > - adding midi control
> > etc...
> >
> > in fact to show how Nama is powerfull ! it would be great ;)
>
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Julien has also suggested Nama would benefit from
> documenting common use cases.
>
> I would tend to try to do it in writing, just
Nama badly needs some documentation, possibly a wiki. Luckily enough, it
has a very good online help system overall. I suspect writing
documentation for nama might help us gain perspective on its design
strengths and weaknesses.

> because I'm lazy, but you're right, sound plus
> video would be helpful.
I'd do it myself, but I don't even have a screen attached to my computer
at this point, and the incentive is small. I suppose an audio tutorial
is always possible, but I don't know how much help that would really be.

[...]
> Sounds like a good reason to meet somewhere for a Namafest.  :-)
That would be great! Too bad we're so geographically challenged: comes
from living on such a big planet.

Cheers,
s.M.