[nama] Re: tutorial video for Nama

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 01:05:38 -1000

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:27:34AM +0200, Dubphil wrote:
> Hello namaers
>
> Like humans are using it's brain for about 10%, I feel I use Nama
> for the same rate.
>
> Would it be possible to show how we can interact in live with nama :

> - adding insert, subs
> - adding/bypassing effects
> - remove effects
> - listing effects and its parameters
> - muting tracks by midi control
> - adding midi control
> etc...
>
> in fact to show how Nama is powerfull ! it would be great ;)

Hi Philippe,

Julien has also suggested Nama would benefit from
documenting common use cases.

I would tend to try to do it in writing, just
because I'm lazy, but you're right, sound plus
video would be helpful.

A brief search shows that creating a screencast in Linux
is possible, but involves some complexities.

http://rhodesmill.org/brandon/2008/how-to-produce-a-linux-screencast/

Assuming we can handle the technicalities, the main issue
for me would be providing realistic examples of using buses,
inserts or MIDI control. Other users are much more advanced
in these areas!

Sounds like a good reason to meet somewhere for a Namafest.  :-)

Regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth