[nama] Re: Regions

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:14:18 -1000

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 05:39:43PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
>   I don't think there is a crossfade feature. But if I'm not much
> mistaken regions have a very small fade. so if you place them
> correctly it should work out.

Regions simply make use of Ecasound's 'select' function
(well, Kai calls it a select _object_).

There is no fade for regions, yet, unless I was coding in my
sleep. :-)

Should be easy enough to add that.

The edits feature *does* use fades. I'm going to need to
have your help to choose a good length.

Right now they are two-step. For fade out:

90% of fade length: 0 to -64 dB
10% of fade length -64 to -256 dB

I think crossfades should be easy enough to do.
It would be creating one fade for each track.

I'd let you remove them individually, if you need
to. (And of course you can move them, by modifying
the underlying mark.)

Hemispherically yours,

--
Joel Roth