[nama] Re: remove_track safety, strange behaviours

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:56:57 -1000

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:12:36PM -0400, S. Massy wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:47:03AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> >   Your problem of getting a wrong wav-file is strange. Did you go
> > through the .wav folder with some audioplayer to check which wav is
> > which? Just to make sure you didn't misspell something.
> Okay, this was a multiple issue problem, mostly due to my haste, but
> also to some of nama's idiosyncracies.
>
> The reason why I wasn't seeing a change is that nama somehow could not
> create a valid chainsetup out of my new tracks and kept falling back on
> the previous chainsetup, thus confusing me.

> My other problem was that the new track was still in record mode even
> after importing audio.
>
> Out of my experiences, I would have the following suggestions:
>
> 1. remove_track should require an argument to make it mistake-proof.

I've patched it another way, asking for a user confirmation.

        remove track $name? [n]

For the old behavior, set in namarc: quietly_remove_tracks: 1

> 2. When failing to generate a valid chainsetup, nama should refuse to
>    start playback.

Done.

> 3. When importing audio, the appropriate track should probably be
>    siwtched to monitor mode, since it seems in the spirit of import_audio.

Done, with a warning if the bus is OFF.

> 4. Nama should probably stop engine playback upon quiting.

Please notice if this happens regularly.

And please keep speaking up, even if you don't get a
response right away. :-)

Joel

--
Joel Roth