[nama] Re: Keeping jack ports connected

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:53:34 -1000

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 07:22:28PM +0400, alex stone wrote:
> I can see ecasound input ports appearing and disappearing in the
> patchbay as i switch between rec and mon for tracks. What i can't seem
> to figure out is how to keep jack ports connected, or have any
> ecasound jack ports connect when they appear, relevant to the ports
> set out in my .ports files. (which seem to be working now)
>
> The connection is basically something like:
>
> LinuxSampler:0 (output as described in the violins1.ports file) -->>
> VL/VL1_in_1 (Ecasound input)

Start up jack.plumbing. It works with Nama, according to
Kevin at least. :-)

violins1.ports should contain *only* jack clients that are
not part of Nama/Ecasound, unless you are a creative
genius and mad scientist, and willing to risk....???

If I understand, the Nama track name is VL1, so in Nama,

        nama [VL1] > source violins1.ports

--
Joel Roth