[nama] Re: Keeping jack ports connected

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:23:56 -1000

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 08:35:42PM +0400, alex stone wrote:
> Julien, i have the Jack ports files recognised by Nama now, so that's
> ok. And when Nama is put in "REC" mode, the relevant Ecasound port
> appears in the patchbay. But no connection is made to the specified
> jack LinuxSampler port. (automatically)
>
> I've not got into jack.plumbing yet, so far i've only used jack_connect.

Morning, just awoke from a pleasant dream, of my wife
singing a Japanese song over the cell telephone to me.

If you use a portlist file, it will use jack.plumbing
(faster!) if it is running. But you have to start
jack.plumbing manually.

Nama will use jack_connect (slow) if jack.plumbing is not
running.

Be careful! Nama will overwrite the jack.plumbing
configuration file. I need a few minutes to work out
support for something like this:

~/.jack.plumbing

--cut--
(connect port1 port2)
(connect port3 port4)

; Nama ports settings follow.
; DO NOT put any statements below this line.
;
; They will be overwritten by Nama.

--cut--

> Good to know i can use bash scripts from the Nama prompt! :)

Yes

nama> ! ls

for example. also

nama> eval "hello world! " x 3 # perl