[nama] Another code cleanup

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 12:09:13 -1000

While thinking about logging this morning, I ended up
separating out subroutines into four new modules: Custom.pm,
Grammar.pm, Help.pm, and Bunch.pm. Subroutines in these
modules reside in the root namespace.

The only change in namespace is that command-related subs
under ::Text are now in Grammar.pm in the root namespace.
Core_subs.pl, leftover from when all source code was
in a single file, is gone.

The shouldn't be any changes in Nama's behavior.

Another area I was looking at this morning at what
it would take for Nama to provide an OSC interface.
I see that CPAN has couple of modules for OSC. Net::LibLO
looks promising.

Nama's command grammar could be re-used pretty much as is.
The "only" difference would be that commands would
return a string, instead of printing to STDOUT.
That is something already under consideration
for logging purposes.

Note that Nama has nearly 900 statements printing
to STDOUT!

Best,

--
Joel Roth