[nama] Re: An mfx question

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 21:44:51 -0400

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 09:28:53AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> If you can dream up a syntax for what you want to do,
> I think it would be pretty easy to add that to the
> grammar.
Tricky. The most obvious and consistent syntax would be to have
something like:
> mfx EP 2,3,4 3.1,0,0.1
But what about decrement/increment operations? Would it be tedious to
ammend the grammar so that:
> mfx EP 2,3,4 3.1,0,+ 0.1
...works? I assume spaces are reserved as argument separators.

While we're on that topic, I never really liked that way of expressing
inc/dec operations, though we stuck with it for historical reasons (and
it's really not the end of the worls). I think +=, -=, etc. would be
more intuitive and faster to type, as they are located close to one
another on the keyboard. Then one could do:
> mfx EP 2,3,4 3.1,0,+=0.1
...solving the space issue.

Anyway, just thinking aloud...

Hope everyone is well.