[NAL JSC] Resend of Recent NASA Alumni League Announcements

  • From: Norman Chaffee <chaffee.norman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: NAL Free List for Current Members <naljsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "NAL Free List for Expired Members \(2 years\) " <naljscex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 13:02:27 -0800

We have been working on our distribution list and
want to make sure everyone has received our recent emails concerning upcoming
events, so I am resending them in this email.  I have indicated in BOLD print
where you will need to take some
action if you plan to attend either event.
The Right Climate Change Seminar
Thursday January 22
NASA Alumni League
Members - The Right Climate Stuff Working Group will hold a very informative
seminar on human-caused climate change on Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015, from 8:45
a.m. to 5:45 p.m.  This meeting was previously scheduled in November,
2014, but was delayed and has now been rescheduled.  It will be held in
the Lone Star Room upstairs at Gilruth.

The attached agenda shows the
speakers, topics and a detailed description of the goals of each topic. All
TRCS and NAL members are invited and encouraged to invite other family members
and friends who are interested in these topics on Climate Change and Global
warming. Ample time is provided for discussion and Q & A of each topic, and
attendees are encouraged to request clarification or justification on the
presented topics.

Coffee will be served at 8:45 AM and
a sandwich buffet with fresh fruit, cookies  and iced tea for lunch will
be served in the meeting room.A
head count will be needed by noon Thursday, Jan. 15 to order the lunch
to be provided by the Center caterer. Each
attendee who wants lunch will be requested to pay $10 to cover these costs
during the meeting day. Please email Jim
Peacock directly at jim@seadiver.comby noon Thursday Jan 15.  At this time
the deadline to sign up for lunch has passed, but you may still attend.

There is no cost to attend if you do
not plan to have lunch. However, you may wish to donate to the coffee fund.

JSC 2015 Day of Remembrance and Memorial
Tree Plantings for William Pogue and  Steven Nagel
Please make note of the following
events.  You will need your NAL badge to get on site.  If you don’t have a NAL
badge, you can get
one at B 110 or alternatively you can email me at chaffee.norman@att.netand I
will send your name to
Stephanie Castillo to get you on the access list.

1.
Thursday, Jan 29, 2015, 10 a.m. JSC 2015 Day of Remembrance and William R.
Pogue Memorial Tree Planting Ceremony

2.
Thursday, Feb 12, 2015, 2 p.m. Steven R. Nagel Memorial Tree Planting Ceremony

Also, be sure to mark your calendar
for Scott Carpenter’s Memorial and Tree Planting on May 1, 2015.

Thanks to our Communications Chair, Nick Lance, for setting up this easy-to-use
system for communications with our members.

Norman Chaffee
President, JSC Chapter