[muscle] Updating the message storage database server side

  • From: Marius Kjeldahl <marius@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:20:11 +0100

I have clients connected to a server. Each client is able to update their own
subtrees in the database. For authentication purposes (and probably other
state stuff that I want to keep server side), I want the server to be able to
write into its own subtrees in the database ("gamestate" tree).

When a client sends some infomation this is received by the corresponding
StorageReflectSession subclass server side. Depending on how that information
was treated, I want to store information in another StorageReflectSession
subclass (typically the one instance holding the common gamestate).

So, in short, after processing some data from the client in a "player"
subclass of StorageReflectSession subclass, I want to send a message to the
"gamestate" subclass of StorageReflectSession.

Unfortunately, I have not found an easy way to do this. I have looked at the
SendMessageToSessions method found in the MessageTransceiverThread class (and
subclasses), but on the server I have no explicit instance of any message
transceiver class. I have not found any easy way to get to one either from
StorageReflectSession.

So what am I missing? Is there any easy way to send messages from one server
side session to another?

Thanks,

Marius Kjeldahl