[muglo] Re: superdrive from a pc in a B&W?

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:23:19 -0500

on 1/4/03 11:30 PM, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> hi all--  as the B&W's are IDE based, I'm wondering whether anyone knows
> if a superdrive (120MB superdisk/floppy drive) from a PC would work in a
> B&W. Or does one have to purchase a mac superdrive, like Imation's mac
> specific drive?
> If it has to be the mac kind, I've heard of internal mac ones... anyone
> know how or where to get one of these? I scanned ebay and found one
> mac-specific internal that ended within the last month... these must be
> rather rare to only find one... or maybe the PC type work too?

Check www.xlr8yourmac.com and see if they actually have an entry in their DB
for the superdrive you're looking for.

It should work in the B&W provided it'll fit in the Zip slot (unless you
would want to rip out your optical drive).

PS It may even work without a driver. Very few IDE devices actually need
drivers to work in Mac OS.

Eric.