[muglo] Re: shockwave

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 16:51:37 -0500

>From: Jim Taylor <hawk@xxxxxxxx>
>To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [muglo] shockwave
>Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:14:04 -0500
>
>Whenever I open a certain program I'm told there's not enough memory to
>open
>shockwave. I should allocate more memory to shockwave. I have lots of
>memory

What programme? Netscrash? IE?

>to open it. So I searched and found several shockwaves on my hard drive,
>including  two recent ones. Some date back to 01. Should I just drag all
>the
>old versions to the trash? Also, the failure of the program to work happens
>mostly during the day. It tends to work at night. Go figure. I'm running a
>G4 Mac OS 9.2.1. I should say I've never learned the trick of downloading
>programs. jim

Solution 1 - upgrade to a real OS ;-P

Solution 2 - find the Shockwave you're using. Clear the recently used apps
list (in apple menu) and launch the web browser and the shockwave content.
Look in recently used app and you shoudl see the shockwave app. Click on it.
Type command-R. then command-i. change memory allocation. Do the same to
your web browser.

Are you doing different things at day vs. night?

Seriously though, you'll find that as app makers abandon OS 9 things like
this will never get fixed. OS 9 versions of the web apps are notoriously
unstable and slow (I hate doing complex browsing in OS 9 b/c it locks up the
machine).

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca