[muglo] Re: gigabytes gone bye-bye

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 21:57:18 -0400

On 2011-07-29, at 4:08 PM, Doug Bale wrote:
My iBook has a nominally 60GB hard …. There should be 22.87 GB free.

On 29-Jul-11, at 4:15 PM, rogers doug wrote:
Google search for the expanding log file fix. It could be the not uncommon, but obscure accumulating error message in the log file, which is invisible.

The Library folder definitely seems to be where at least part of the problem lies. I went into Libary>Logs>Directory Service and found an apparently empty folder called Local. I trashed it, emptied the trash and was told it was deleting over 4,100 files. Then I made a new folder, called it Local and put it back where the other one was. We'll see if that helps. I also cleared out a few hundred caches, which seemed to do no good at all, but maybe there are still others I can deep-six.