[muglo] Re: deleted

  • From: Garth Phillips <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:08:40 -0400 (EDT)

Jim;

Almost all e-mail programs keep items you delete
somewhere just in case you hit the delete key a little
too quickly.

If you mess about in Outlook Express settings, you may
find an area that will allow you to "purge" or empty
your deleted items on a regular basis (at the end of
each session, each day, month, etc.

The deleted items folder in IE does not compress the
messages in any way, so they take up ALL the space
reported in message size.

When I was using Outlook Express, I created a single
new folder called "Filed Mail" and then created a
bunch of sub-folders under it to keep the mail I
wanted... you may want to poke through all your
deleted messages before dumping them so you don't lose
anything important.

Garth.

Garth.