[muglo] Re: Used Macs

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:24:17 -0400

On 5-Sep-06, at 2:47 PM, Eric D wrote:

>> From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
>> Subject: [muglo] Re: Used Macs
>> Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:07:12 -0400
>>
>> On 30-Aug-06, at 6:03 PM, Karl Hochmann wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of sites that show the prices of used Macs?
>>>
>>> Karl
>>
>> CPUsed are quite inflated (read Toronto) prices. Everymac.com; listed
>> on Muglo website; is the one Terry & I have used as a guide for
>> years. The best site to buy/sell seems to be "ehmac.ca" a store out
>> of Kitchener.
>> TTFN,
>> TeeC
>
> It used to be an interesting paradox.
>
> For used Apple stuff from stores you used to definitely pay more
> from CPUsed
> than from Mac Outpost (a London shop) whereas for new non-Apple
> branded
> computer equipment you couldn't beat Toronto! Nowadays Toronto
> seems to be
> ahead in both fronts (competition vs. a captive market).
>
> Last time I checked (and also just moments ago too) I was floored
> to find
> that CPUsed was actually a much better deal than Mac Outpost (it
> used to be
> the other way around).

Comparing the posted asking prices I agree, but I can buy stuff from
Larry at well below the posted price, whereas a week ago CPUsed would
not budge from their listed prices. Mac Outpost do not appear to
adjust their Web site very often, whereas Mostly Digital maintain
their site often; Randy also often takes a much lower price from me.
TTFN,
TeeC

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/