[muglo] Re: Used Macs

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:47:41 -0400

>From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
>Subject: [muglo] Re: Used Macs
>Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:07:12 -0400
>
>On 30-Aug-06, at 6:03 PM, Karl Hochmann wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of sites that show the prices of used Macs?
> >
> > Karl
>
>CPUsed are quite inflated (read Toronto) prices. Everymac.com; listed
>on Muglo website; is the one Terry & I have used as a guide for
>years. The best site to buy/sell seems to be "ehmac.ca" a store out
>of Kitchener.
>TTFN,
>TeeC

It used to be an interesting paradox.

For used Apple stuff from stores you used to definitely pay more from CPUsed
than from Mac Outpost (a London shop) whereas for new non-Apple branded
computer equipment you couldn't beat Toronto! Nowadays Toronto seems to be
ahead in both fronts (competition vs. a captive market).

Last time I checked (and also just moments ago too) I was floored to find
that CPUsed was actually a much better deal than Mac Outpost (it used to be
the other way around).

15" G4/867 at CPUsed is $800 vs. $1100 for a 12" G4/867 at Mac Outpost (more
RAM and a Superdrive, but that's a $400 premium for stuff that's nothing
special since you can buy the RAM and a DVD burner for $100 each and then
have a 15" screen to boot).

Same thing for the eMac. MacOutpost wants $699 for a 700 MHz whereas CPUsed
wanted $499 for a 1 GHz machine.

Not to mention that CPUsed offers a 90 day warrantee vs. 30 day for Mac
Outpost.

Anyway, I'm no fan of CPUsed but it didn't seem fair to slag them unfairly.
Plus, there seemed to be a misunderstandng in your post about Toronto prices
-- some things are more expensive in Toronto but computer hardware
definitely ain't one of them!

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/