[muglo] Re: Speediest?

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:33:50 -0400

The results below are from a direct connection. My iPhone via an older 'G' router produced 3 MB and .125 upload. Safe to assume that the router is the bottleneck at least as far as download speed.

I'm getting 9 MB/sec and .32 upload. Your different speeds may be due to 'G' in your Mac and 'N' on your iPad? Timely discussion, as I went through last years bills from Rogers and realized I average $89/mo. From Muglo discussions, I can get the same service from Teksavy for $25 with a 300 GB bandwidth allowance. A quick question about retention offers at a Rogers kiosk produced blank stares.

Wayne Dobson
G4 eMac, 1.42 GHz
2 GHz RAM,Leopard,
Mail, Safari