[muglo] Re: Reinstall Quicktime

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 12:52:01 -0400

Thanks guys. It's not a compatibility issue because I've been running QT
6.5.2 under Mac OS 10.2.8 (Jaguar) for a long time. I recently trashed
some files that I thought were redundant and I suspect some key QT file
may have been lost in the process.

The Discussion lists indicate pretty clearly that if there is no
uninstaller software, then QT cannot be removed. There appears to be no
uninstaller/reinstaller option for my situation. Some techie may know of
some unofficial "workaround".

My only option does indeed appear to be re-installation of the system
from the system discs (Mac OS 10.2.4). I wanted (obviously!) to avoid
that which also implies later updating the system to 10.2.8 and also
updating QT. I'd also probably have to update the iLife software, and
there may well be other implications.

Bob

http://publish.uwo.ca/~mcdaniel/