[muglo] Re: Random Voice

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:39:52 -0500

That's quite amusing. What apps are you running when this happens?

Check out System Preferences:Speech. Does it look like any settings
are turned on in that preferences pane? If so, turn them off. It may
be that you have speech recognition turned on and, that either the OS
occasionally asks you for feedback, or one of your apps is trying to
be cute b/c you have speech turned on (or, maybe one of your apps is
simply being cute).

Are you running anything out of the ordinary (ordinary =3D a web
browser, e-mailer, Microsoft Office apps, Apple's iApps)?

Eric.