[muglo] Portable Hand Scanners

  • From: Ilbert Walker <walker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:58:48 -0500

Many years ago I seem to remember there was marketed a portable
handheld scanner (for the Mac?) with which you could scan , say, a
newspaper or magazine column or book paragraph , and then dump it into
a word processor.  A sort of portable 'coupon clipper' for info
addicts.

Does anyone use one of these ? - or know anything about their current
availability, source, cost etc ?? Battery or power operated ?

I seem to remember one of the problems related to a restricted width,
which entailed having to
'electronically stitch' two columns together. Can they also input
graphics or photos ?

Obviously not a substitute for a flatbed page scanner, but easier to
carry around, and for capturing small amounts of page information.

Google didn't provide me much info - anyone else out there ?

Thanks

Ilbert