[muglo] Re: (No Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:37:06 -0400

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:39:05 -0400

On 5-Apr-07, at 3:25 PM, Marlene Thompson wrote:

> We
> have a "Team Room" where we can post documents and info.
> The link is:
> www.arthritis.ca/teams
>
> but I think it is password protected.

Yep. Safari goes to the page and it is a password page. This problem
has to be with the site. Safari does have some problems with
javascript and some special, once again, non-standard
implementations  of proprietary code.  Firefox has no such
difficulty, as far as my experience goes, with pages and sites that
Safari has trouble with. I think this one isn't strictly a Mac
problem, but a problem with some Microsoft scripting extensions used
on the site.

> It is part of the AHPA (allied
> health professions association') website.  Link:
> www.arthritis.ca/ahpa/

Yep that page comes up just fine.

> We have a Linksys wireless G 2.4GHz Broadband router.  A D-Link
> Central home drive.  We have a Dell desk top hooked up and my husband
> can access the desktop and my computer on his Dell laptop (and vice
> versa through the desk top)  but I can't "see" or access them through
> my computer. [the mac]

Are you at all familiar with the Services / Firewall / Internet tabs
in the Sharing Preferences Pane of System Preferences? For instance,
do you have Windows Sharing checked to be on? It's in the Sharing -->
Services tab

___<http://home.golden.net/~samu>
__<http://dougsamu.wordpress.com/>