[muglo] Re: Mac OS X vulnerable & Video Card Needed

  • From: Rich <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Submit MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:08:14 -0400

Eric D,

> I have a suspicion that the authors of the ZDNet stories and that particular
> website are trying to drum up ad readership by exaggerating these
> vulnerabilities. What you can do with a malicious script is pretty limited
> by the fact that Mac OS X severely limits apps' access to system
> directories/code and gives no access to files inside the home directories of
> other users.

Hello folks.

That script can do anything it pleases, given the right instructions.  On
some developer forums, it's been demonstrated its power.  Apple was working
on it last week and I believe there's a security update on the 24th.

Secondly, does anybody know where I can get a video card for a G4/400 AGP?
I use one as a server and I need a video card for it, but don't want to
spend $200 for a card.  ATI Rage 128 Pro's cost about $20 these days, but
can't find any.

Any ideas, folks?

Cheers

--- Rich Fortnum / Viaduct Productions / London (EST)
--- http://www.viaduct-productions.com