[muglo] Dark Matters !!!

  • From: Ilbert Walker <walker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:39:22 -0400

Anyone else out there in Election Land had problems with very dark DVD
movies , and inability to obtain intermediate graded tones ?  Is it in
the media ?
In my own case, its with an Apple 20" Cinema Display and G5 running
Panther. Adjustment of screen brightness Preferences or screen
calibration under OSX makes no difference.  I'm attempting to rectify
using SuperCal (helpfully suggested by Peter at MacOutpost).

But WHY, after charging thousands of $ for a LCD super screen , doesn't
Apple provide this necessary calibration as a built in feature ???

Anyone - any thoughts ?

Ciao

Ilbert

PS It's not just my aging eyesight !!!  :-)