[muglo] Re: Mac Lacking Power

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 06:27:19 -0400

Barry, hope you get something going with the sick computers. I haven't seen you since you posted about the Siri iPhone app. I downloaded it even though it is not supported in Canada. The maps and other info is available, but it just doesn't like the word Canada for some reason. I took a chance and entered my address as being a street in Port Huron Michigan. Low and behold, it recognizes my location and finds restaurants near me and so on. Maybe the developers know something we don't? Is the National Guard massing at the border for an invasion?

On Nov 1, 2010, at 2:04 AM, Barry Takayesu wrote:

Thank you all for your so-very-quick and generous responses. And a note to Sally S if you are still online. It is this wonderful community of disparate Mac users who unselfishly respond to a call for help - even for my friend who they do not even know. Many know so much more than I do. The come from all walks of life: Profs, labourers, homemakers, engineers, photographers, store owners, nurses, and even printers <G>. Not everything is geek-talk or gizmo- chat, though a number of us get palpitations when Apple or other companies announce gadgets that can make life easier and do things that Dick Tracy couldn't even dream about. For example I posted this YouTube clip awhile ago and though it might be geeky, I think this iPhone app will be commonplace for everyone in the near future. http://bit.ly/9O2Std The future is here - it just isn't distributed evenly. Sometimes it comes as little apps, sometimes as iPads. It's not good to be standing at the train station when your ship comes in. Now back to my reply.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell