[muglo] Mac Lacking Power

  • From: Barry Takayesu <barryt99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:37:19 -0400

A friend of mine has had a bad week. The wire to the 65 watt power charger for
her powerbook G4 fried despite my previous patch/gluing with liquid electrical
tape. When she turned to the G4 AGP Powermac (tower) to allow her to continue
doing her stuff, it wouldn't turn on. The power cord was plugged in, the outlet
verified, start button on the keyboard and on the tower pressed - but no light,
no fan, no nothing, leading me to believe that the power supply is done. It had
been working till it was retired in favour of the laptop.

We ordered another power charger for her Powerbook laptop through eBay and hope
it will be here in a week or so, but in the meantime, wonder if anyone has a
surplus charger for the Powerbook or a power supply for the G4 PowerMac that
could be borrowed for a week or two.
Prestige Print & Graphics       Barry Takayesu
10592 Wellington Road   P: (519) 631-8800
St.Thomas, ON                   F: (519) 631-6316
Canada                          barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx