[muglo] Re: Mac App Store Lauches

  • From: Dave Knight <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:56:40 -0500

On 2011-01-06, at 12:51 PM, Tim Kearn wrote:

> So there is no 'installing' of some applications?

You don't do a download->unpack->install in the traditional sense no. You just
buy the app and then it downloads and installs in the background, appearing in
the dock when done.

> Some programs do put different parts on your system.

They do, I admit I haven't installed anything more than a simple game, perhaps
the process gets more involved for more serious apps.

> I wonder if it will help with pirating of apps.

I imagine that it would decrease piracy as apps will be easily available and
cheaper. There's just less motivation to get them by other means.

> Is your name/email attached to like an iTunes file?

Dunno.

dave