[muglo] Re: Mac App Store Lauches

  • From: Dave Knight <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 11:07:05 -0500

The only way to get the Mac App Store is to apply the 10.6.6 update. The update
doesn't contain much beyond the app store app.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1343

I have it installed, the only thing surprising about it is that they didn't
decide to build this into iTunes like everything else (I am not complaining).

It works just like buying apps on an iDevice, I gave it my iTunes id/password,
then I clicked on a free app "Solitaire Greatest Hits", it appeared on my dock
after a few seconds and I could run it!

The app was installed in /Applications/Solitaire Greatest Hits.app/ just like
any other app would be...

dave