[muglo] Re: Internet Sharing (was Telephone cord routing)

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:08:42 -0400

Thanks for all the advice.  Much appreciated.  I've tried doing the
sharing, with my OS 10 G4 doing the initiating with my OS 9 iBook,
but I'm not able to make a connection properly.  So far I've only
tried it with ethernet, though.

I've had no problem doing ethernet sharing between two OS 9
computers, but between OS 10 and 9 is a new ballgame for me.

I think I'll wait until I can get the G4 reconfigured to my personal
specs, which might take a few days.  Then I'll try again.

If I was able to make the two internal modems share one modem via the
OS 10 G4, would the iBook then be wireless in the sense of being
vulnerable to outside tampering, or would it be wireless in the sense
of just a connection between the two computers?

Please advise.  Thanks.

Leith

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/