[muglo] Re: Internet Sharing (was Telephone cord routing)

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:09:36 -0400

OS 9 could only do it with fancy third party software.

However, you can have OS X doing the sharing in which case you share
the internet with any ethernet-enabled computer that could use DHCP
(i.e. OS 8/9).

PS You're not just limited to Airport or ethernet--Firewire does it
quite nicely as well (I've done it in desperation when I was using
Airport to connect to the base station and the ethernet port was
already in use with another computer).

Eric.