[muglo] Re: G4 and Safe Boot?

  • From: Alan Pomfret <pomfret@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 08:58:24 -0400

Hello Leith,

I have no 'principled' advice on this one as there appears to be so
many 'causes' - often unknown - of this issue.

I do not know what diagnostics were run on your machine but I am
assuming that there are no bad blocks on your drive and you do not
need to zero it.

In the quick and dirty tricks department you might try the following
(if you already haven't)

First, resent the PMU.

See how that works (it may only work for awhile)

If that helps a bit, but the problem returns, then in System
Preferences,  make sure the screen saver is set to come on before the
screen is set to go to sleep. Also that the disk goes to sleep after
the screen does.

This has helped a few people in the past who work with the AGP
Graphics Tower.

I don't know why.

I wish you the best of luck with this frustrating problem.

Alan Pomfret