[muglo] Camino replaces Internet Explorer completely

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:53:19 -0400

Well, ok, not completely since there are a number of pages out there that
cause either Camino or Safari to come to a stand-still, but I'd say only
1/10 of *those* cannot be handled by Camino *and* Safari and require me to
go to Internet Explorer (Netscape will not make it onto my computer since
it's too damn unstable and slow and non-Mac).

Camino just became the best browser ever, beating Internet Explorer on the
*last* feature that it had that other Mac browsers lacked (except the nearly
defunct (have they released a bug fix to their "downdate" to 6.0?) Opera) --
moving the page around.

It uses command-option-click to scroll around the screen!!!! Yippeeeeeeeee
(ok, some people will say 'yippee' in a sarcastic tone ;)

I would've preferred command-click (fewer gymnastics required) but
command-option is good enough for me.

Anyway, anyone know how long Camino has had this or is this something that
it's had from the get go?

(I was trying to see if I could get my Pismo to go to sleep immediately by
pressing some combo of power and a modifier key (except command-control ;)
and noticed that the cursor in Camino changed to a hand with command-option
held down)

Eric.