[muglo] Re: CD/DVD Reader

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 00:42:33 -0400

On 6-Oct-07, at 11:26 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> Until now I have had no problem with my CD/DVD reader on my eMac.  For
> some reason this evening it does not seem to read DVDs only CDs. ....
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
>
> Paul

This is not unusual & usually indicates that the CD/DVD reader is
about to go south.
Sometimes a simple clean of the heads works; there are CD head
cleaning disks available, possibly across the road at "The Source".
The Parkhill Guru has never been too optimistic when a reader acts
up, but there is always hope.
TTFN,     TeeC