[muglo] Re: Bell from Hell ?

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:39:22 -0400

>From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
>To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [muglo] Re: Bell from Hell ?
>Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:31:44 -0400
>

>On 21-Sep-06, at 4:24 PM, Ralph and Joan Winfield wrote:
>
> > Ilbert, why am I not surprised? I hope your problems are over.
> >
> > I have a new problem with Bell. Bell Mobility really. They don't
> > cash my cell phone cheque until after the late date then charge me
> > for late payment. I don't think it takes two weeks for my cheques
> > to reach them.
> > I'm reluctant to do bank withdrawals because I can just bet they
> > would goof that up too.
> >
> > Such is life.
> >
> > Chow
> > Joan
>
>Joan, that's why I use a prepaid phone, which I top up by credit card
>when I need to extend. Currently looking at either a Virgin prepaid;
>actually Bell is the provider, but there are no extra charges with
>virgin; or preferably a "World" phone. They also use prepaid, but you
>don't lose time or money when you switch countries.
>As to time for cheques, it still takes 10 days to go through the
>process & it's not unusual for the mail to take a week to get to
>Toronto.
>TTFN,
>TeeC

You can't get a 'world phone' with Virgin (I'm assuming you're talking about
a GSM phone?) since Bell uses CDMA and most the world is on GSM. Only
Rogers/Fido use GSM.

As for Virgin, month-to-month their credits don't really last any longer
than the competition. However, you can get a $100 credit and it'll last you
a full year (that's assuming you rarely use your phone). With any of the
others you have do at least $120/year ($10/month) and their rates are
probably higher (Virgin is $0.25 for the first 5 min/day and $0.15 for
anything above that).

PS For simple long distance calling you can use President's Choice cards. $5
minimum and it's $0.05/min in Canada and the US (I use that with my mobile
to call long distance ;-)... $0.10/min for the air time and $0.05/ for LD...
vs. $0.10 for airtime and $0.25 LD with Virgin ;-).

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/