[muglo] Re: Anti-Virus programs?

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:23:05 -0400

Wormscan and Worm Food check specifically for only one virus. Certainly
download one or the other to see if you have that particular one.  You
will probably need an industrial stregth program such as Norton
Anti-virus or McAffee.

Personally I haven't used one since I've started using a Mac (about 7
years). Macs are much less prone to virii than a Wintel system but not
immune I should add. Mac OS X will undoubtely change the how Mac user
need to approach the virus issue. If you are not using OS X and don't
download and receive programs from unknown sources (practice safe
computing) you should be all right).

Martin