[mswindowsxp] Re: Internet Explorer Web Pages Displaying Inconsistantly

  • From: Westwind <westwind@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:49:18 -0500

I have had the same thing on and off but it went away???  Its been working pretty good for some time now. I also use anti-virus software and check with Ad-Aware. One thing that can cause this is if you are running a program like AdSubtract that removes pop-ups and banner ads. Sometimes the programs get confused and mistakes normal pictures for ads and keeps them from displaying.

Paul

At 12:01 PM 7/18/2002 -0700, you wrote:

Has anyone seen any problems with Internet Explorer having problems displaying web pages inconsistantly?

Basically, I see 2 problems:
1)The Page does not display at all - I get "The page cannot be displayed/Cannot find server" Error
2)Multiple parts of the Web Page Icons and Text/Pictures do not display

In either case, Usually, If I do a Refresh of the web page it will either show up ok or I will be missing parts of the web page (still...).

I am using IE V6.0, DSL High Speed Internet Connection, Compaq Presario 1720US (PIII 1Ghz processor, 20Gb Hard Drive, 512Mb Ram)...

I doesn't matter what web sites I am trying to connect to, I have the problem the majority of the time (I have tried web sites like Yahoo, Microsoft, MSN, Google & others...)...

I have tried reloading Internet Explorer & Deleted Stored Web Pages from IE with no success...

Does anyone have any ideas to help me determine the cause?

Thanks...Paul
================================== To Unsubscribe, set digest or vacation mode or view archives use the below link. http://thethin.net/winxplist.cfm